Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Adventure

Posted by Picasa
Today's menu:
Matt and I are trying out something totally different this year...the Martha Stewart Whole Living Action Plan: 28-Day Challenge. Yes, it is quite a mouthful and yes, I feel a little silly admitting that we are doing it. But somehow it just came together.

We were both feeling a little unhealthy after our holiday break indulgences and this seemed like a great opportunity to try and make some changes in our lives. Of course we always eat well, but that doesn't always translate to eating healthy foods.

This was our menu for Day 1 of the plan and I must say, it was pretty great. I thought I would feel hungry (no junk food), tired (no caffeine), and grumpy (no chocolate). Instead I felt fabulous all day. And this soup was pretty freaking amazing! We tripled the amount of garlic called for in the recipe and used mustard greens instead of collards because they were cheaper. This photo doesn't do it justice, except to show that it was so good I got halfway through the bowl before remembering to take a picture.

I'll keep posting on our progress, and more importantly, on all the delicious, healthy food we'll be eating over the next month. A perfect way to kick off 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment