Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 - Fruit and Fish

Posted by Picasa
Today's menu:
Day 2 was harder than day one. For sure. I was very, very tired and there was no coffee to help me through the afternoon. But the food we ate today was amazing. I never realized that wild salmon tastes so much better than farm-raised! It was a tasty and satisfying dinner, and quick to boot.

The fruit salad was also excellent, although we just used apples, tangelos, and grapes...mango is expensive and bland up here. I would never have thought to mix tahini with sweet foods, it always seemed like a savory item to me. It worked really well though, and made a light but filling dressing for the fruit.

And the smoothie was a perfect start to the day. I have to say that doing this whole "detox diet" thing is much easier when there are weekly menus planned out with simple recipes to follow. We just went through the master recipe list and picked out a handful that looked especially good. I would have been super stressed out trying to come up with appropriate detox food on my own. Thank you, Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment